Subject: 26.3; custom-set-faces doesn't work

From: Liudvikas Akelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 10:39:49 +0300

Subject:
--text follows this line--

(arch linux emacs 26.3-1)
with no .emacs file, Menu bar -> Options -> Set default font; set any
font, then Options -> Save options, font settings are saved in the .emacs
file. Upon restarting emacs, the old (default) font is still used, and
font settings in the .emacs file are ignored. Other things I put in
.emacs still work, so it's just the font.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
 of 2019-08-29 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12007000
System Description:    Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Loading paren...done
Failed to enable theme: zenburn
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
elec-pair bind-key local-shortcuts local-sql polymode derived poly-lock
polymode-base polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-compat
polymode-methods rx polymode-core polymode-classes eieio-custom wid-edit
eieio-base color cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core
edmacro kmacro local-ess ess-site ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme
browse-url ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-jags-d
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-xls-d ess-vst-d ess-stata-mode ess-stata-lang
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6w-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp4-d ess-sas-d
ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-s4-d ess-s3-d ess-omg-d ess-omg-l ess-arc-d
ess-lsp-l ess-sp6-d ess-dde ess-sp3-d ess-julia julia-mode cl ess-r-mode
ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt ess-r-xref xref
project subr-x ess-trns ess-r-package shell pcomplete ess-r-syntax
ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-rd essddr noutline outline easy-mmode
hideshow ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode ess ess-noweb-mode ess-inf
ess-tracebug advice format-spec ess-generics compile ess-utils ido
ess-custom executable comint ansi-color ring finder-inf info package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib paren cus-start
cus-load time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 251721 13215)
 (symbols 48 33150 2)
 (miscs 40 79 130)
 (strings 32 84151 2494)
 (string-bytes 1 2131587)
 (vectors 16 28633)
 (vector-slots 8 710489 13182)
 (floats 8 247 51)
 (intervals 56 283 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Liudvikas Akelis