Subject: Re: bug#40457: 26.3; A little Help from `list-packages'?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:21:37 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see that only as the text of a button in the *Help* buffer content
> from describing a package (`RET', `package-menu-describe').  I find no
> description of what that "Install" button does.

The "Install" button installs the package.  I don't think that concept
needs explication.

Most of the rest of the bug report is about whether the batch-oriented
command set of package.el is appropriate.  I think marking and then
`x'-executing packages is a pretty odd interface myself -- I don't think
the user commonly works in that batch-oriented way, so having this be a
two step process is pretty weird.

I'm not sure we can change what the `i' and `d' keys do at this point,
though, but perhaps we could introduce two new keystrokes?  Anybody got
an opinion here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no