Subject: bug#4044: 23.1; unable to handle folder whose name starts with 2009-08-04

From: xah lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:11:26 -0700

bug summary:

if a folder has names like “2009-08-04 misc”, then emacs dired  
will mistake the folder name being just “misc”, and basically  
unable to open, move, delete the folder.

Steps:

• switch to dired.

• type + then 2009-08-04 misc

• Now, you can see the coloring is wrong. Try to move, rename, or go  
into the folder. Emacs complains
dired-get-file-for-visit: File no longer exists; type `g' to update  
dired buffer

This happens on emacs 23.x on Mac. 100% reproducible.

GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, NS apple-appkit-824.48)  
of 2009-08-04 on xahg5.local

   Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄