Subject: 26.1; list-colors-print throw Lisp error wrong-number-of-arguments

From: 唐治洋 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 23:59:38 +0800

hi,

I have a color name called "alternateSelectedControlColor", which has
nil color value if called with color-values function. when I click the
Color button in customize-create-themes, it will finally call
list-color-print function, and this function has some lisp lines as
follow:

      (let* ((opoint (point))
	     (color-values (color-values (car color)))
	     (light-p (>= (apply 'max color-values)
			  (* (car (color-values "white")) .5))))

color-values got a nil value, which cause max function called with a nil
value, and then throw wrong-number-of-arguments error.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511))
of 2018-05-31 built on builder10-10.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
Recent messages:
Mark set
nil
Mark set [2 times]
(65280 64000 64000)
Quit [2 times]
Mark set [3 times]
Beginning of buffer [5 times]
Undo!
Redo!
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-print debug dabbrev
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
help-fns radix-tree color cus-theme cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
goto-addr view misearch multi-isearch jka-compr winner super-init
helm-mode helm-files rx image-dired image-mode tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell parse-time dired-x dired-aux ffap
thingatpt helm-buffers helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info
bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-external helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-utils compile
helm-help helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match
helm-lib wdired dired dired-loaddefs ido ob-R ob-dot ob-plantuml
ob-ditaa ob-python ob-gnuplot org-element avl-tree generator org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs paren my-utils
subr-x my-org-fixup yasnippet cl-extra derived elec-pair help-mode
linum-off linum helm-config helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro async-bytecomp
easy-mmode advice async pcase finder-inf info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 621878 79782)
(symbols 48 39726 8)
(miscs 40 2066 995)
(strings 32 109126 3528)
(string-bytes 1 3292695)
(vectors 16 58602)
(vector-slots 8 1016893 17282)
(floats 8 331 877)
(intervals 56 20865 4746)
(buffers 992 26))