Subject: bug#40433: closed (Re: bug#40433: 26.1; list-colors-print throw Lisp error wrong-number-of-arguments)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 12:51:04 +0000

Your bug report

#40433: 26.1; list-colors-print throw Lisp error wrong-number-of-arguments

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40433: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40433
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40433: 26.1; list-colors-print throw Lisp error wrong-number-of-arguments
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: 唐治洋 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 05:50:31 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> 唐治洋 <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I have a color name called "alternateSelectedControlColor", which has
>> nil color value if called with color-values function. when I click the
>> Color button in customize-create-themes, it will finally call
>> list-color-print function, and this function has some lisp lines as
>> follow:
>>
>>       (let* ((opoint (point))
>> 	     (color-values (color-values (car color)))
>> 	     (light-p (>= (apply 'max color-values)
>> 			  (* (car (color-values "white")) .5))))
>>
>> color-values got a nil value, which cause max function called with a nil
>> value, and then throw wrong-number-of-arguments error.
>
> What is the bug in Emacs here?  Is it the return value of color-values?
>
> Could you please show a minimal example of the error, without any
> reference to your own code?  Thanks.

More information was requested, but none was given within 5 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 26.1; list-colors-print throw Lisp error wrong-number-of-arguments
From: 唐治洋 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 23:59:38 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

hi,

I have a color name called "alternateSelectedControlColor", which has
nil color value if called with color-values function. when I click the
Color button in customize-create-themes, it will finally call
list-color-print function, and this function has some lisp lines as
follow:

      (let* ((opoint (point))
	     (color-values (color-values (car color)))
	     (light-p (>= (apply 'max color-values)
			  (* (car (color-values "white")) .5))))

color-values got a nil value, which cause max function called with a nil
value, and then throw wrong-number-of-arguments error.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511))
of 2018-05-31 built on builder10-10.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
Recent messages:
Mark set
nil
Mark set [2 times]
(65280 64000 64000)
Quit [2 times]
Mark set [3 times]
Beginning of buffer [5 times]
Undo!
Redo!
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-print debug dabbrev
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
help-fns radix-tree color cus-theme cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
goto-addr view misearch multi-isearch jka-compr winner super-init
helm-mode helm-files rx image-dired image-mode tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell parse-time dired-x dired-aux ffap
thingatpt helm-buffers helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info
bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-external helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-utils compile
helm-help helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match
helm-lib wdired dired dired-loaddefs ido ob-R ob-dot ob-plantuml
ob-ditaa ob-python ob-gnuplot org-element avl-tree generator org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs paren my-utils
subr-x my-org-fixup yasnippet cl-extra derived elec-pair help-mode
linum-off linum helm-config helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro async-bytecomp
easy-mmode advice async pcase finder-inf info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 621878 79782)
(symbols 48 39726 8)
(miscs 40 2066 995)
(strings 32 109126 3528)
(string-bytes 1 3292695)
(vectors 16 58602)
(vector-slots 8 1016893 17282)
(floats 8 331 877)
(intervals 56 20865 4746)
(buffers 992 26))