Subject: bug#40428: closed (Re: bug#40428: Cannot use inferiors in manifest)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 16:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40428: Cannot use inferiors in manifest

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40428: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40428
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40428: Cannot use inferiors in manifest
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 18:54:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Marius,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> ERROR: In procedure put-bytevector:
> In procedure put-bytevector: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting open output port): #<closed: file 7fe4c3a77620>

This is now fixed in 8ed597f4a261fe188de82cd1f5daed83dba948eb.

Thanks for investigating!

Ludo’.

Subject: Cannot use inferiors in manifest
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 17:20:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On the current 'master' branch, using an inferior in a manifest will
cause a crash in 'compute-guix-derivation' as reported in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-04/msg00010.html>.

It can be reproduced by taking the inferior example from the manual:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Inferiors

..and running 'guix build --no-grafts -n -m inferior-example.scm'.

I've attempted to bisect it, but it is difficult because once you have
successfully passed 'compute-guix-derivation', the problem is no longer
reproducible, even on known "bad" commits.  So for every successful test
a new commit/channel must be chosen.

Here is a backtrace from a bad commit:

Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 19 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 18 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    142:2 17 (dynamic-wind _ _ #<procedure 7fe4c47d3020 at ice-9/eva…>)
    829:9 16 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fe4c47dd540 at ice-9/eval.scm:…> …)
    829:9 15 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fe4c443eb70 at ice-9/eval.scm:…> …)
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    142:2 12 (dynamic-wind _ _ #<procedure 7fe4c4006b00 at ice-9/eva…>)
    152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2  9 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    705:2  8 (call-with-prompt ("build handler") #<procedure 7fe497…> …)
In unknown file:
           7 (_ #<procedure 7fe497a71020 at ice-9/eval.scm:330:13 ()> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  6 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guix ui) 7fe4c699f960>) #<s…> …) …))
   626:19  5 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guix ui) 7fe4c699f960>) #<s…> …) …))
In guix/derivations.scm:
    357:5  4 (substitution-oracle #<store-connection 256.99 7fe4b6b…> …)
   329:16  3 (derivation-input-fold #<procedure 7fe4c4bfc868 at gui…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  2 (_ #(#(#(#(#<directory (guix store) 7fe4c68d3…>) …) …) …))
    619:8  1 (_ #(#(#<directory (guix store) 7fe4c68d3c80> #<var…> …)))
In unknown file:
           0 (put-bytevector #<closed: file 7fe4c3a77620> #vu8(1 0 …) …)

ERROR: In procedure put-bytevector:
In procedure put-bytevector: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting open output port): #<closed: file 7fe4c3a77620>