Subject: Re: [bug#40417] Add emacs-magit-annex

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 16:13:40 +0000

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kyle Meyer writes:

>> It looks like emacs-magit uses a revision that follows the popup to
>> transient switch that happened after the 2.90.1 release.  Magit-annex's
>> master branch has been updated to work with transient and will be
>> released along with the next release of Magit.
>
> That may explain why I had to manually insert the @ keybinding it
> supposedly should have done automatically.

Correct.

> I'm a little confused since I haven't been following magit though.
> "popup to transient switch"?

Sorry, here's more context: Magit's popup interface used to be defined
with Magit-Popup.  Jonas Bernoulli wrote Transient to replace
Magit-Popup [^1].  As of 1ed3febf (Merge branch 'transient' [#3728],
2019-02-14), all of Magit's popups have been rewritten with Transient.
That change hasn't made it into a release yet, but it happened before
the revision that emacs-magit is built from.

[^1]: https://emacsair.me/2019/02/14/transient-0.1/