Subject: bug#40415: closed (Re: bug#40415: 26.3; Emacs crashes when using any emoji font different than symbola.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 14:29:01 +0000

Your bug report

#40415: 26.3; Emacs crashes when using any emoji font different than symbola.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40415: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40415
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40415: 26.3; Emacs crashes when using any emoji font different than symbola.
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Daniel Rivero Padilla <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 16:28:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Daniel Rivero Padilla <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 23:23:37 +0500
>> 
>> 1. Use arch linux.
>> 2. Install noto-fonts-emoji or ttf-joypixels.
>> 3. Start Emacs.
>> 4. Install telega.el https://github.com/zevlg/telega.el
>> 5. Run M-x telega
>> 6. Emacs crashes when loading the chats.
>
> Please upgrade to Emacs 27, this problem is solved there.

So I'm closing this bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 26.3; Emacs crashes when using any emoji font different than symbola.
From: Daniel Rivero Padilla <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 23:23:37 +0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. Use arch linux.
2. Install noto-fonts-emoji or ttf-joypixels.
3. Start Emacs.
4. Install telega.el https://github.com/zevlg/telega.el
5. Run M-x telega
6. Emacs crashes when loading the chats.

I asked in the official chat, the creator o telega.el (@zevlg) said it's an Emacs bug.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
of 2019-08-30 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
Recent messages:
[Aweshell Alert] /etc/pacman.d/ /usr/bin/sudo pacman -S linux-docs: finished
Mood-Line mode disabled
Mood-Line mode enabled
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list... [3 times]

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ◁Chat

Minor modes in effect:
global-telega-squash-message-mode: t
telega-squash-message-mode: t
global-telega-url-shorten-mode: t
telega-url-shorten-mode: t
telega-notifications-mode: t
cursor-sensor-mode: t
cursor-intangible-mode: t
pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
all-the-icons-ibuffer-mode: t
global-company-mode: t
company-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
mood-line-mode: t
ido-everywhere: t
override-global-mode: t
global-exwm-edit-mode: t
smartparens-global-strict-mode: t
smartparens-strict-mode: t
smartparens-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
global-visual-fill-column-mode: t
display-time-mode: t
display-battery-mode: t
desktop-environment-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
global-visual-line-mode: t
visual-line-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr conf-mode eshell-did-you-mean pcmpl-unix em-unix em-term
em-script em-prompt em-hist em-pred em-glob em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
timezone cal-move quail misearch multi-isearch telega-obsolete telega
telega-modes telega-webpage telega-chat telega-company telega-user
telega-notifications notifications telega-msg telega-tme telega-sticker
telega-i18n telega-vvnote telega-media telega-root telega-voip telega-ffplay
telega-info telega-sort telega-filter telega-ins telega-inline telega-tdlib
telega-util url-util svg dom rx ewoc telega-server telega-core cursor-sensor
telega-customize emacsbug sendmail pdf-sync pdf-annot pdf-outline pdf-links
pdf-history flyspell org-indent org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
org-docview doc-view org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-pdfview org-element
avl-tree generator pdf-occur tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet dired
dired-loaddefs pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools pdf-view bookmark
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode smartparens-org org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-lisp ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ibuf-ext
all-the-icons-ibuffer all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons
memoize ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs apropos pp cus-edit wid-edit iso-transl
elec-pair company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb company pcase aweshell eshell-prompt-extras tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell parse-time format-spec
em-dirs em-ls eshell-up pcomplete esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util ispell mood-line
doom-themes-ext-visual-bell doom-themes-ext-org doom-acario-dark-theme
doom-themes doom-themes-base rainbow-delimiters smartparens-config
smartparens-text vterm face-remap compile color term disp-table comint
ansi-color ehelp ring subr-x vterm-module exwm-xim xcb-xim xcb-xlib
exwm-systemtray xcb-systemtray xcb-xembed exwm-config ido cl-extra use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key
bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core exwm-edit exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms
xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug
server edmacro kmacro smartparens advice help-mode thingatpt dash saveplace
visual-fill-column time battery desktop-environment dbus xml cus-start cus-load
finder-inf tex-site slime-autoloads info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1107117 171768)
(symbols 48 55356 1)
(miscs 40 3800 3515)
(strings 32 177087 27017)
(string-bytes 1 30533536)
(vectors 16 106000)
(vector-slots 8 2485758 230468)
(floats 8 25976 1402)
(intervals 56 34531 7141)
(buffers 992 44))