Subject: bug#40397: 28.0.50; epg decrypt does not verify signed content in smime

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 08:02:26 +0200

Sebastian Fieber <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have attached a new patch which fixes the problem

Thanks; I didn't see this bug report before I fixed the text/plain thing
in a different way.  (So I think s/mime should basically work again now
in Emacs 27.)

> and also does
> implement support for the security buttons for application/pkcs7-mime
> parts.  This is quite nice as application/pkcs7-mime parts are not
> handled automatically by default in gnus.  ATM you have to set
> mm-decrypt-option and mm-verify-option at least to 'ask.  So with this
> supported it should now work out of the box even without setting
> mm-decrypt-option and mm-verify-option because now gnus shows the
> buttons properly and one can click on them and decrypt/verify the part
> "manually".

This sounds like a good addition to me, and would like to apply the
patch to Emacs 28.  It's a large patch, though, and you don't seem to
have copyright FSF assignment on file -- is that correct?  If it is,
would you be willing to sign such paperwork, and we can then apply the
patch?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no