Subject: Re: bug#40377: guix build --with-commit is broken

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 23:17:51 +0200

Hi,

Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]> skribis:

> $ guix build mlt --with-commit=mlt=v6.18.0
> updating checkout of 'https://github.com/mltframework/mlt.git'...
> guix build: error: Git failure while fetching
> https://github.com/mltframework/mlt.git: the requested type does not
> match the type in the ODB

[...]

> $ guix build picom --with-commit=picom=vNext
> updating checkout of 'https://github.com/yshui/picom.git'...
> guix build: error: Git failure while fetching
> https://github.com/yshui/picom.git: the requested type does not match
> the type in the ODB

Interestingly,

  guix build guile-gcrypt --with-commit=guile-gcrypt=v0.2.0

would work just fine.

This is because the tags in the above examples actually point to a
“commit” object instead of pointing to a “tag” object as in the
guile-gcrypt case.  Weird.

Fixed with commit efa578ecaece67366b4b0e2266de7c2faaa4ae54.

Thanks,
Ludo’.