Subject: bug#40344: inconsistent 'guix package --list-generations' for root

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 21:30:53 +0300

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 02:17:26PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 08:48:03PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> > Looks like I messsed up the bug report completely and mixed up
> > --list-profiles and --list-generations.
> > 
> > If anyone is curious, when run as root, 'guix package --list-profiles'
> > on Guix system and on a foreign distro, for me, return a list of all the
> > profiles of all the users.
> 
> Can you share the exact command you run and the result of `env` with
> that sudo invocation? For example, if you are doing `sudo guix package
> --list-profiles`, the result of `sudo env`? Having sanitized it as
> necessary...

This time I ran it as root directly
On my kids' computer:
root@E2140 /home/efraim# guix package --list-profiles
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/efraim/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/efraim/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/kids/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/kids/guix-profileo

Guix on Debian, also directly as root:
debian-box:/home/efraimf# guix package --list-profiles | tail -n20
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user1/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user1/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user2/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user3/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user3/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user4/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user4/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user5/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user5/guix-profile
/root/.config/guix/current
/root/.guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user6/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user6/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user7/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user7/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user8/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user8/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user9/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user9/guix-profile
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user10/guix-profile

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted