Subject: Re: [bug#40340] [PATCH] etc: indent-code.el: Use the --quick option.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 02:45:11 +0200

Hi Maxim,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 06:42, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> * configure.ac: Remove the warning about Emacs.  Emacs can now be installed
> any time by the user if they want to use the script.

The point of this warning was to inform (teach) the user if they does
not know how to use 'etc/indent-code.el'; basically newcomers which do
not use Emacs and do not read manual cover to cover.
Well, maybe it is not useful since the manual already explains [1] and
this message is meaningful by itself:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./etc/indent-code.el gnu/packages/maths.scm
./etc/indent-code.el: line 1: exec: emacs: not found
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

[1] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Formatting-Code

Thank you for the improvement.

All the best,
simon