Subject: Re: bug#40323: 28.0.50; error in process filter: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)

From: Jacob Lagares Pozo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 13:50:56 +0200

|======================================================================
1 -&gt; (comint-output-filter #&lt;process Shell&gt; &quot;Initializing 
local storage instance at path: /home/sheep/.co\
nfig/Slack/local-settings.json
&quot;)(:comint-pmark nil)
| 2 -&gt; (set-marker #&lt;marker in no buffer&gt; 1)(:comint-pmark nil)
| 2 &lt;- set-marker: #&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell 
Command*&gt;(:comint-pmark (#&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell C\
ommand*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 -&gt; (set-marker #&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt; 
92)(:comint-pmark (#&lt;marker at 1 in *Async She\
ll Command*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 &lt;- set-marker: #&lt;marker at 92 in *Async Shell 
Command*&gt;(:comint-pmark (#&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell \
Command*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 92 in *Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 -&gt; (ansi-color-process-output &quot;Initializing local storage 
instance at path: /home/sheep/.config/Slack\
/local-settings.json
&quot;)(:comint-pmark (#&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt; . 
#&lt;marker at 92 in *Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 &lt;- ansi-color-process-output: #&lt;marker in no 
buffer&gt;(:comint-pmark (#&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell Com\
mand*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 92 in *Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 -&gt; (comint-adjust-window-point #&lt;window 8 on *Async Shell 
Command*&gt; #&lt;process Shell&gt;)(:comint-pmark (\
#&lt;marker at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 92 in 
*Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 &lt;- comint-adjust-window-point: nil(:comint-pmark (#&lt;marker at 
1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt; . #&lt;marker \
at 92 in *Async Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 -&gt; (set-marker #&lt;marker (moves after insertion) at 92 in 
*Async Shell Command*&gt; 92)(:comint-pmark (#&lt;\
marker at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 92 in *Async 
Shell Command*&gt;))
| 2 &lt;- set-marker: #&lt;marker (moves after insertion) at 92 in 
*Async Shell Command*&gt;(:comint-pmark (#&lt;mark\
er at 1 in *Async Shell Command*&gt; . #&lt;marker at 92 in *Async Shell 
Command*&gt;))
1 &lt;- comint-output-filter: #&lt;marker (moves after insertion) at 92 
in *Async Shell Command*&gt;(:comint-pmark\
  nil)
|

This is on master, I can't seem to reproduce the bug, with or without 
the patch. This is getting progressively weirder; I remember perfectly 
how I launched just about anything and the error would start triggering 
immediately and it was super annoying.

All the packages are still the same. I am doing all the tests on Slack 
because it is the one I remembered that would trigger it more often. I 
have no clue what could be different this time around.

On 15/05/2020 17:45, Noam Postavsky wrote:
> Jacob Lagares Pozo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Should I install the newer version with another prefix and try to
>> reproduce it there?
> Yes please.