Subject: Re: bug#40323: 28.0.50; error in process filter: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)

From: Jacob Lagares Pozo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:13:25 +0200

OK, not sure if this is what we want, but this is an example output that 
looks interesting.

If needed I'll dump the whole thing to a file, compress, it and post it 
here.

Many thanks,

Jacob

|======================================================================
1 -> (comint-output-filter #<process slack> "[04/17/20, 16:06:12:068] 
info: [CHECK-FOR-OLD-IMS] (TAVFB00JW) Within limit: 4
")(:comint-pmark nil)
| 2 -> (set-marker #<marker at 238540 in *slack*<4>> 
238595)(:comint-pmark #<marker at 238595 in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 <- set-marker: #<marker at 238595 in *slack*<4>>(:comint-pmark 
#<marker at 238595 in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 -> (set-marker #<marker at 238595 in *slack*<4>> 
238675)(:comint-pmark #<marker at 238595 in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 <- set-marker: #<marker at 238675 in *slack*<4>>(:comint-pmark 
#<marker at 238675 in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 -> (ansi-color-process-output "[04/17/20, 16:06:12:068] info: 
[CHECK-FOR-OLD-IMS] (TAVFB00JW) Within limit: 4
")(:comint-pmark #<marker at 238675 in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 <- ansi-color-process-output: nil(:comint-pmark #<marker at 238675 
in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 -> (set-marker #<marker (moves after insertion) at 238675 in 
*slack*<4>> 238675)(:comint-pmark #<marker at 238675 in *slack*<4>>)
| 2 <- set-marker: #<marker (moves after insertion) at 238675 in 
*slack*<4>>(:comint-pmark #<marker at 238675 in *slack*<4>>)
1 <- comint-output-filter: #<marker (moves after insertion) at 238675 in 
*slack*<4>>(:comint-pmark nil)
|

On 2020-04-17 13:49, Noam Postavsky wrote:
> Jacob Lagares Pozo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> For brevity, I'll just post just a single one of them, because the
>> whole buffer is 172k characters and growing. I hope it's enough; if it
>> is not, please let me know and I'll post the whole thing.
> Please compress before posting.  If you can find a spot where the
> comint-last-output-start goes from a large number to 1, I think that
> would probably be where the interesting part is.