Subject: [bug#40312] [PATCH 0/3]: Add Piper and libratbag

From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:12:21 +1100

So this program Piper is unique in that it is entirely useless without 
the the ratbagd daemon running. eventually, I'd like for a user to be 
able to install all that in 1 click from a GUI with just their sudo 
password if needed.

For now, I've included in the descriptions a simple service that makes 
it work.

With systemd systems, when Piper is opened and dbus automagically starts 
ratbagd, systemctl lists it as a ratbagd.service. systemctl stop 
ratbagd.service can the stop it if needed. With the simple service I've 
provided in the descriptions, herd status does not list it as a service 
and only reconfiguring can disable it... I think.

Is there a way I can write a service that shows ratbag in herd status, 
and can start/stop it correctly? Or does herd not have the ability to 
treat dbus services as first class services?

N.B, if you want to test the package you can just run sudo ratbagd, then 
open piper. if it says cannot find any devices, that means it working 
but you wont be able to use it without one of the supported devices to 
play with..