Subject: bug#4030: forward-sexp parses character literal ?; as comment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 22:55:29 -0400

tags 4030 wontfix
close 4030
quit

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Does anyone have any further thoughts?  It wasn't clear to me from this
>> discussion whether there was any consensus that this was actually a bug
>> or not.
>
>
> So we can either:
[...]
> - deprecate ?; and friends, probably adding font-lock highlights to help
>   spot the problematic cases, and maybe changing the Lisp reader code to
>   warn about those things as well (with intention to remove support for
>   them).

Since we now emit such warnings, I'm closing this bug as wontfix.

See also https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20852

[1: c2bbdc3316]: 2017-05-01 20:39:10 +0200
  Warn about missing backslashes during load
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=c2bbdc3316487e34eba1470dd059c0c290431e00

[2: 3c4c8ca06e]: 2017-05-07 13:22:34 +0200
  Fix all unescaped character literals
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=3c4c8ca06e3306ccbcd07e354eb51abe53b52d22