Subject: [bug#40297] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-next-minimal.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:57:49 +0000

John Soo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> In preparation for the next emacs version I thought it would be good to
> start adding "next" versions of some emacs packages. I added this for
> proof-general, but there may be other needs for the minimal emacs for
> version 27.

Hey John,

This seems OK to me, although I haven't used the emacs-next stuff.

I applied this patch, and built the package, but bin/emacs within the
package is empty, which means Emacs doesn't actually start.

→ ls -lh /gnu/store/nv9bk1l8292cvlvxm96q8bdkg36cdnc9-emacs-next-minimal-28.0.50-0.2ea3466/bin/emacs-28.0.50
-r-xr-xr-x 247 root root 0 Jan  1  1970 /gnu/store/nv9bk1l8292cvlvxm96q8bdkg36cdnc9-emacs-next-minimal-28.0.50-0.2ea3466/bin/emacs-28.0.50

Since it's taken so long for someone to get around to looking at this
patch, it's possible that this wasn't an issue back when you submitted
this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris