Subject: bug#40280: gnus-cloud doesn't do anything useful

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 18:14:20 +0000

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 16:41:29 +0000 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

TZ> On Wed, 13 May 2020 12:21:42 +0200 Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>>> Looking at how `newer' is calculated, it compares the group timestamp
>>> from the gnus-cloud message with the current time. It's not clear to me
>>> how that test is ever going to return `nil', unless I have a version of
>>> emacs running somewhere in the future that updates gnus-cloud.

MO> I share the same conclusions on 26.3, the downloaded message is always
MO> older than current time, and nothing happens.

MO> The patch you are proposing fixes gnus cloud update for me.

TZ> I agree this is a problem and agree with David's patch.

TZ> I've pushed the patch to branch scratch/tzz/dme/bug-40280-gnus-cloud-newest

TZ> I'll merge it into master and adjust any docs needed if I can get a
TZ> second review please :)

David, Mathieu:

The patch and commit message looked good so I've pushed this.

Please confirm the fix works well for you and I'll close the bug.

Thanks
Ted