Subject: Re: bug#40279: 26.3; Error: you did not specify -i=mi on GDB's command line!

From: William Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:36:50 +0100

Roland Coeurjoly <[email-masked]> writes:

> From the previous test I deduce that it is an issue of emacs, not
> Docker.

I recently tried to setup calling gdb from docker as well, I also got
some weird errors. Eventually I'm able to make it work by disabling the
I/O separation (via "-inferior-tty-set") done by gdb mode.

Root cause seems that emacs allocates an inferior tty (for I/O
separation in gdb) for the *host*, which of course is not known to
docker gdb. I'm not really sure how it should be properly fixed.

This is my setup, I wrap around the gdb docker in a script: 
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2020-10/msg00311.html

This is the change I have to make: 
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2020-10/msg00369.html

P.S. I had hope on tramp remote gdb, but there are other issues... :(
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2020-10/msg01839.html

-- 
William