Subject: Re: bug#40279: 26.3; Error: you did not specify -i=mi on GDB's command line!

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 08:46:22 +0100

Roland Coeurjoly <[email-masked]> writes:

>  Like I said, I know nothing about Docker, but my totally uninformed
>  guess would be that something in that command line mangles the output
>  from gdb, somehow, so that Emacs is no longer able to parse it.
>
> Yes, that seems to be the case.
>
> I posted this in stackoverflow here:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60112087/error-you-did-not-specify-i-mi-on-gdbs-command-line-in-docker
>
> Would that be ok just to provide the link?

I don't see anything on that link that wasn't in your bug report, so --
no, that doesn't really get us anywhere further.

The problem is, as I was guessing, that your command line does something
with the stream output from gdb that make Emacs not able to interpret
it.  If you posted the actual output here (not as HTML, but as a text
attachment), it might help us further guess what it is that's
happening.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no