Subject: [bug#40274] [PATCH v6 0/2] gnu: Add kernel-module-loader-service.

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 17:17:30 +0200

Hello,

The following modification have been made since the previous patch version:
- The format to specify kernel modules has been reverted to a simple list of
  strings.
- The `modprobe` command used is retrieved from "/proc/sys/kernel/modprobe".
- Thanks to the previously listed modifications,
  `kernel-module-loader-service-type` has been removed together with the
  helper function `kernel-module-loader-service`. No need to bother with a
  record now that we only need a list of strings.
- A temporary crutch to force `modprobe` from loading "/etc/modprobe.d" has
  been added. The permanent fix has been submitted as #40422[0] but it needs
  to go trough the core-updates branch.
- The documentation has been updated accordingly.
- An example showing how to specify module arguments using "/etc/modprobe.d/"
  has been added to the documentation.

[0]: https://issues.guix.info/issue/40422

- Brice

Brice Waegeneire (2):
  services: Allow modprobe to use "/etc/modprobe.d".
  gnu: Add kernel-module-loader-service.

 doc/guix.texi               | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/services.scm            |  4 +++
 gnu/services/linux.scm      | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/tests/linux-modules.scm | 33 ++++++++++++++---------
 4 files changed, 114 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.0