Subject: bug#40273: installer: No way to input Latin characters with non-Latin keyboard layouts

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 11:49:09 +0200

Hi!

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Yes please!  (BTW, sorry for the latency when replying; if you want,
>> please do chime in on #guix on IRC.)
>
> Merged! Heh, I know you are already quite busy :p
>
> The installer tests are really a nice addition. Being able to test it
> running:
>
> make check-system TESTS="gui-installed-os gui-installed-os-encrypted gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted"
>
> is much more convenient than by hand. Thanks for your work on that
> topic.

Heh, thanks.  Glad we have an easy way to switch layouts in the
installer!

>> Yeah.  If the change ends up looking risky, perhaps we should postpone
>> it?  I would really like us to release this week.
>
> Seems fair.
>
> Florian, I'm closing the issue here :)

Ideally we’d also offer a way to choose multiple layouts in the
installer, so that one can end up with:

  (keyboard-layout "ar,us" #:options '("grp:alt_shift_toggle"))

Although that’s mostly useful for the console as GDM and GNOME should be
able to do the right thing.

Anyway, we can discuss it in a separate issue.

Ludo’.