Subject: bug#40268: closed (Fwd: bug#40268: 27.0.60; [PATCH] Unify and improve gdb-mi source window display)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 01:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40268: 27.0.60; [PATCH] Unify and improve gdb-mi source window display

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40268: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40268
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fwd: bug#40268: 27.0.60; [PATCH] Unify and improve gdb-mi source window display
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 21:09:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: bug#40268: 27.0.60; [PATCH] Unify and improve gdb-mi source window display
> Date: April 13, 2020 at 1:29:00 PM GMT-4
> To: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
> 
>> Thanks, I’ll try to address them next time.
>> Yuan
> 
> Please consider marking this and maybe some other bug (Bug#39181?)
> as done unless we should change something else too.
> 
> Thanks, martin
> 
> 
> 

Subject: 27.0.60; [PATCH] Unify and improve gdb-mi source window display
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Report Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 00:03:21 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Before this change, stepping and other gdb command handlers use 'gud-display-line’ and 'gdb-goto-breakpoint' uses 'gdb-display-source-buffer'.  Now whenever gdb-mi code tries to open a source buffer, 'gdb-display-source-buffer’ is used.  Also, we simplify the logic in 'gdb-display-source-buffer’ and add a feature to limit the maximum number of source windows.

From a user’s perspective, this change solves two problems: 1. The behavior difference between jumping to break point and stepping (and other command) 2. Gdb-mi opening more windows than I wanted for displaying source files.

Yuan

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.3.0, NS appkit-1894.30 Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D76))
of 2020-02-25 built on missSilver
Repository revision: f27187f963e9e36435b508e29256e048799e0ff2
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.4

Recent messages:
Checking 34 files in /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/emulation...
Checking 180 files in /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 24 files in /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/cedet...
Checking 59 files in /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/calc...
Checking 113 files in /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/obsolete...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Auto-saving...
Buffer *unsent mail to [email-masked]* modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y
C-c C-c is undefined

Configured using:
'configure --with-modules --with-pdumper=yes
--oldincludedir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/libxml2/'

Configured features:
RSVG GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
NS MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-file-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  color-outline-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  helpful-html-manual-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  form-feed-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  global-highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/winman/windman hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/windman/windman
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/separedit/cask-bootstrap hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/comment-edit/cask-bootstrap
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/esup/esup-child hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/esup-20200120.740/esup-child
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/esup/esup hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/esup-20200120.740/esup
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/julia-mode/julia-mode hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/julia-mode-20190813.1326/julia-mode
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/julia-mode/julia-latexsubs hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/julia-mode-20190813.1326/julia-latexsubs
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/mlint hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/mlint
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/company-matlab-shell hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/company-matlab-shell
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/linemark hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/linemark
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/semanticdb-matlab hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/semanticdb-matlab
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/semantic-matlab hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/semantic-matlab
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/srecode-matlab hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/srecode-matlab
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/matlab hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/matlab
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/cedet-matlab hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/cedet-matlab
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/tlc hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/tlc
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/matlab-publish hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/matlab-publish
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/matlab-emacs/matlab-mode-pkg hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/matlab-mode-20180928.1526/matlab-mode-pkg
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/package/faceup-20170925.1946/faceup hides /Users/yuan/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail face-remap rfc1345 quail
semantic/tag-write semantic/tag-file semantic/bovine/c hideif
semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc
semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/bovine/scm semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/dep semantic/bovine/scm-by semantic/bovine semantic/db-mode
semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ls-lisp ess-custom apropos
sh-script smie executable geiser-mode geiser-xref geiser-compile
geiser-debug geiser-gambit geiser-chibi geiser-mit geiser-chez
geiser-chicken geiser-racket geiser-guile ghelp-geiser console-buffer
geiser geiser-repl geiser-image geiser-company geiser-doc geiser-menu
geiser-edit geiser-completion geiser-autodoc geiser-eval
geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax geiser-log geiser-popup view
geiser-impl geiser-custom geiser-base scheme vc-mtn vc-hg bug-reference
magit-patch-changelog magit-patch magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode transient git-commit magit-git
magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async shell misearch multi-isearch vc-git vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs bookmark server cl-print gnutls mm-archive
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-utils network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache
url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap epg epg-config hideshow diff-hl vc-dir vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode color-outline hi-lock company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb desktop frameset trivial-copy ghelp
ghelp-eglot ghelp-helpful ghelp-builtin cus-edit centaur-tabs
centaur-tabs-interactive centaur-tabs-functions centaur-tabs-elements
powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes cus-start cus-load
luna-general-config pause utility transform flywrap yasnippet
sly-el-indent sly-cl-indent cl-indent cl all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize form-feed
minibuf-eldef eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug
flymake-proc flymake warnings url-util flycheck flyspell ispell outshine
outshine-org-cmds outorg isolate inline expand-region
text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
thingatpt expand-region-core expand-region-custom ws-butler minions
eyebrowse savehist buffer-move windmove hl-todo highlight-parentheses
rainbow-delimiters doom-cyberpunk-theme undo-tree diff
doom-one-light-theme elec-pair winner doom-themes doom-themes-base
windman aggressive-indent find-char ivy-prescient prescient recentf-ext
recentf tree-widget wid-edit which-key general helpful imenu trace
edebug backtrace info-look f dash-functional help-fns radix-tree
elisp-refs s loop dash org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs counsel xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs compile
comint ansi-color swiper cl-extra help-mode ivy delsel ring colir color
ivy-overlay company edmacro kmacro pcase use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core finder-inf tex-site proof-site proof-autoloads info
cowboy package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
subr-x map url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib lunary lunary-ui easy-mmode
luna-f rx seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 489882 97798)
(symbols 48 40858 45)
(strings 32 193314 9271)
(string-bytes 1 4564854)
(vectors 16 58289)
(vector-slots 8 1900639 84204)
(floats 8 468 326)
(intervals 56 7219 1188)
(buffers 1000 40))