Subject: bug#40244: 27.0.90; MacOS Crash

From: Perry Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 15:06:19 -0500

Reply-To: [email-masked]
--text follows this line—

I use el-get to load packages.  I added the docker-tramp package and started using it.  Emacs has crashed four times since adding that package.  I have attached the most recent MacOS crash report.

I was using a nightly build from EmacsForMacOSX the first time but I’ve used the Emacs 27.0 pretest they have built for the last three times.

I would open a file within the Docker container and then be doing other things — some using the docker container and others using the native Mac file system when the crash would occur.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1894.40 Version 10.15.4 (Build 19E266))
of 2020-03-26 built on MysticSlate
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.4

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/pedz/.config/emacs/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [3 times]
Saving file /Users/pedz/.config/emacs/pedz/ruby-setup.el...
Wrote /Users/pedz/.config/emacs/pedz/ruby-setup.el

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-rbenv-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils apropos misearch multi-isearch recentf tree-widget wid-edit
helm-x-files helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-adaptive bookmark
text-property-search yari helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
backtrace helm-info info ruby-mode smie ido vc-git diff-mode flyspell
ispell yaml-mode winner image-file helm-external helm-net xml
docker-tramp tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp find-func ffap thingatpt helm-setup pedz
ruby-setup rbenv url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap time x-stuff server
helm-mode helm-files helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp advice async helm-autoloads
edmacro kmacro rx el-get-bundle el-get el-get-autoloading
el-get-list-packages el-get-dependencies el-get-build el-get-status pp
el-get-methods el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip
el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go
el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify
el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git el-get-elpa el-get-darcs
el-get-cvs el-get-bzr el-get-brew el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get
el-get-recipes el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom cl-extra help-mode
el-get-core autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt cl dired dired-loaddefs
finder-inf package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip cus-start eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 397273 16043)
(symbols 48 32486 5)
(strings 32 95780 3792)
(string-bytes 1 5207119)
(vectors 16 70288)
(vector-slots 8 1606978 31614)
(floats 8 277 98)
(intervals 56 1551 178)
(buffers 1000 26))