Subject: Re: [bug#40236] [PATCH] doc: Suggest Btrfs with compression instead of ext4 for root partition.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 11:22:54 -0400

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK, thanks for the details.
>
> What is "degraded RAID1"?

Degraded RAID1 would be a RAID1 array (mirror disks) in which at least
one drive has failed.  As long as at least a single healthy disk
remains, the RAID1 array should remain functional but requires to be
mounted with the 'degraded' mount option (this is done to flag that
there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, e.g., replace the
faulty drive).

> I'll see if I can test. the patch on my Btrfs system.
> Anything else I can do to help?

Testing on a live system should provide extra confidence that the patch
work as advertised.  I have done so on my machines for a while (there's
also a system test), but I'd like to know if it works for someone else
:-).

Maxim