Subject: Re: [bug#40227] [PATCH] gnu: icu4c: Fix CVE-2020-10531.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 23:41:05 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 09:23:33PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the new test case as well as this git commit header is
>> necessary.  IMO it mostly adds noise to the patch.  I.e. the whole file
>> could be shortened to 6 lines + your comments at the top.
>> 
>> But no strong opinion, there is an argument to be made for preserving
>> upstream commits in their entirety too (I think).
>> 
>> So, LGTM either way.  Thank you!
>
> I commented out the changes to the test suite and pushed as
> 7d57a190f6896c04b5dad66bf4360bc48a4052ff.

What I meant was that they could be omitted entirely to shorten the
patch (less lines to comb through for reviewers), but no worries!  The
important thing is that we get the security fix, thanks for watching out
for those as always.  :-)