Subject: bug#40224: 26.3; highlight-symbol-at-point does not cover entire buffer

From: Lasse Halberg Haarbye <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:24:27 +0000

In a buffer with about 2000 lines, highlighting words at the top of the
buffer with highlight-symbol-at-point does not have any effect way down
the buffer. It stops highlighting at about 1500 lines. The bug
happens with emacs -Q as well.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2019-08-29 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Recent messages:
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [13 times]
Mark set [3 times]
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [14 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
M-s h . runs the command highlight-symbol-at-point
Quit
C-h > is undefined

Configured using:
'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
--without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: DAN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  my-global-linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/lahh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/company-cmake-0.1/company-cmake hides c:/Users/lahh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20191106.2247/company-cmake

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail helm-command hi-lock cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs bug-reference hl-line ace-jump-mode ido misearch multi-isearch
sql view face-remap git-rebase magit-extras magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git magit-section
magit-utils log-edit message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp server vc-git diff-mode winner image-file helm-external
helm-net xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time ffap
flyspell ispell hideshow doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f s vibrant-dark-theme
autorevert filenotify linum paren manoj-dark-theme free-keys
browse-kill-ring derived cl goto-last-change multi-term term ehelp
fill-column-indicator platformio-mode haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support dabbrev haskell-customize
yaml-mode flycheck json map find-func helm-projectile projectile grep
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs helm-company helm-elisp helm-eval
edebug helm-info helm-mode helm-files helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help
helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
company-shell dash company-erlang ivy-erlang-complete async counsel xdg
swiper imenu erlang tempo align subr-x ivy delsel colir ivy-overlay
company-bibtex parsebib bibtex company-auctex haskell-snippets
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet elec-pair company-arduino company-c-headers
company-ansible company-ansible-keywords company-irony irony-completion
irony-snippet irony irony-iotask company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode
company-clang company-semantic company-eclim company-template
company-bbdb company pcase latex-preview-pane doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs auctex-latexmk tex-buf latex
latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile comint ring warnings
tex-ispell tex-style tex crm advice flymd browse-url markdown-mode rx
thingatpt noutline outline rainbow-mode ansi-color color all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize edmacro kmacro
cl-extra help-mode use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf ede/auto tex-site info
package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 929042 133605)
(symbols 48 55665 2)
(miscs 40 3092 804)
(strings 32 213709 18047)
(string-bytes 1 8303079)
(vectors 16 101542)
(vector-slots 8 2286565 212876)
(floats 8 830 830)
(intervals 56 46507 2694)
(buffers 992 33))