Subject: [bug#40207] [PATCH 2/2] tests: install: Add %test-gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:57:00 +0100

Hey,

> What about making a separate OS definition for the desktop installation
> case?  We’d move the ‘os’ variable to the top-level and add an ‘os’
> parameter to ‘guided-installation-test’.
>
> Having two separate OS definitions (one for desktop install, one for
> “bare-bones” install) should be clearer than having a single definition
> with conditionals.

I fixed all your remarks. But there's still an issue, the size of the
installation image is guessed badly in "run-install" for
"%test-gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted"

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(image  (system-disk-image
         (operating-system-with-gc-roots
          os (list target))
         #:disk-image-size 'guess ;guess is too low.
         #:file-system-type
         installation-disk-image-file-system-type)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

applying the dirty snippet below fixes it, but you may have a better idea?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
--- a/gnu/build/vm.scm
+++ b/gnu/build/vm.scm
@@ -233,7 +233,7 @@ deduplicates files common to CLOSURE and the rest of PREFIX."
   "Return the estimated size of a partition that can store the store items
 given by GRAPHS, a list of file names produced by #:references-graphs."
   ;; Simply add a 25% overhead.
-  (round (* 1.25 (closure-size graphs))))
+  (round (* 1.30 (closure-size graphs))))

 (define* (initialize-partition-table device partitions
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Mathieu