Subject: bug#40200: [PATCH v3] Fix NS frame resizing issues (bug#40200, bug#28872)

From: Andrii Kolomoiets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 09:57:16 +0300

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> Once again, I think this is right. Please test and let me know how you
> get on.

This code works differently in the patched version:

(progn
  (tool-bar-mode -1)
  (let ((child-frame (make-frame `((parent-frame . ,(selected-frame))
                                   (top . 0)
                                   (left . 0)
                                   (width . 1.0)
                                   (height . 1))))
        (new-frame (make-frame)))
    (set-frame-width new-frame (+ 20 (frame-parameter new-frame 'width)))
    (modify-frame-parameters child-frame `((parent-frame . ,new-frame)))
    (modify-frame-parameters child-frame '((top . 0)
                                           (left . 0)
                                           (width . 1.0)
                                           (height . 1)))))

Child frame doesn't occupy full width of the parent frame.

> +  ns_clear_frame (emacsframe);

Can this line be removed from the patch? I've described reasons to
remove it in another letter:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2020-03/msg01060.html

Thanks!