Subject: bug#40187: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] File mode specification error when opening .tex file

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 19:56:30 +0000

I looked into it and reduced the bug.

The following code

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp

(defun foo ()
  (message "AAA"))

(defalias 'bar (symbol-function 'foo))

(defun foo ()
  (message "BBB"))

(bar)

#+END_SRC

when compiled by the native compiler prints "BBB" that is clearly
totally wrong.  Actually after loading it any following evaluation of
(bar) prints "BBB".

Interesting we can have two functions with the same name, haven't
thought it... small details :) :)

Going to fix it by the weekend.

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]