Subject: bug#40180: 27.0.90; cl-concatenate returns wrong result

From: Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 10:01:34 +0100

`cl-concatenate` seems to return the wrong result:

```
ELISP> (cl-concatenate 'list '(a b c) '(d e f))
((a b c) 
 (d e f))
```

In Emacs 26 the return value was `(a b c d e f)`, which I assume 
should still be the return value in Emacs 27, given that Common 
Lisp hasn't changed. :-)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.90 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.22.30)
 of 2020-03-11 built on IdeaPad
Repository revision: 1bc3fa0bd02cb167ae82b65fc56f95651d2bea16
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11906000
System Description: elementary OS 5.1.2 Hera

Recent messages:
Mark set
Auto-saving...
Mark set
Saving file 
/home/joost/Mail/Fastmail/Drafts/cur/1584867450.a5b0e4c5936e9702.ideapad:2,DS...
Wrote 
/home/joost/Mail/Fastmail/Drafts/cur/1584867450.a5b0e4c5936e9702.ideapad:2,DS
[mu4e] Saved (30 lines)
Detected language: English
Saving file 
/home/joost/Mail/Fastmail/Drafts/cur/1584867450.a5b0e4c5936e9702.ideapad:2,DS...
Wrote 
/home/joost/Mail/Fastmail/Drafts/cur/1584867450.a5b0e4c5936e9702.ideapad:2,DS
[mu4e] Saved (31 lines)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY 
INOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB 
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP
Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: IELM

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  flycheck-indicator-mode: t
  company-box-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-atomic-chrome-edit-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/custom hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.90/lisp/custom

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mail-extr forge-list forge-commands forge-semi 
forge-bitbucket
buck forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab 
forge-github
ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub forge-notify forge-revnote 
forge-pullreq
forge-issue forge-topic bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge 
forge-core
forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler url-http 
url-auth url-gw
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame 
magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch 
magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes 
magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs 
magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff 
smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient 
magit-process
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils log-edit 
pcvs-util
add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async org-mu4e gnus-dired mu4e 
desktop
frameset mu4e-org org-clock org org-macro org-footnote 
org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-scheme ob-clojure ob-python 
ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-emacs-lisp 
ob-core ob-eval ol
org-loaddefs mu4e-main mu4e-view cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs 
mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 
smtpmail sendmail
mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view 
jka-compr
image-mode exif mu4e-lists mu4e-vars message rfc822 mml mml-sec 
epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies 
mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr 
mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-meta visual-fill-column 
mixed-pitch
cl-print view lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html 
lsp-verilog
lsp-terraform lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-python-ms lsp-pyls 
lsp-pwsh lsp-perl
lsp-metals lsp-json url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand 
url-methods url-history
mailcap lsp-intelephense lsp-haxe lsp-go lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp 
lsp-eslint
lsp-erlang lsp-elm lsp-dls lsp-dart lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls 
lsp-clojure
lsp-clients py-autopep8 python-pytest magit-popup python tramp-sh 
tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat 
shell parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp mule-util multiple-cursors-core rect 
pcmpl-unix edebug
backtrace vc-git bookmark text-property-search face-remap el-spice 
list-callers
flycheck-indicator hl-line jk-input-methods quail em-unix em-term 
term
disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-dirs 
esh-var
em-cmpl pcomplete em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode company-box
company-box-doc company-box-icons ielm pp minions doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core 
shrink-path
which-key undo-tree diff solarized-light-theme solarized-theme 
solarized
solarized-faces atomic-chrome websocket url-cookie url-domsuf 
iimage image+
image-file swiper ivy-hydra all-the-icons-ivy ivy colir 
ivy-overlay recentf
poetry pyvenv transient paredit clojure-mode lisp-mnt align 
eldoc-box
company-lsp lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr 
lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek
lsp-ui-sideline flycheck-posframe posframe flycheck lsp-mode 
url-util
tree-widget network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode rx color 
noutline outline
inline imenu ht f em-glob dash-functional bindat ag vc-svn 
find-dired s
projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs diff-hl vc-dir 
ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode autorevert filenotify aggressive-indent 
elec-pair
nswbuff guess-language flyspell ispell find-func ace-window avy 
dired
dired-loaddefs reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars company-auctex 
yasnippet latex
latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-color 
warnings thingatpt
tex-ispell tex-style tex crm company-quickhelp pos-tip 
all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons 
data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize company-oddmuse 
company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf 
company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-template 
company-css
company-bbdb company tab-jump-out adaptive-wrap bm paradox 
paradox-menu
paradox-commit-list hydra ring lv cus-edit wid-edit 
paradox-execute
paradox-github paradox-core spinner cl-extra help-mode 
jk-functions let-alist
org-table org-keys org-compat org-macs format-spec pcase advice 
eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups 
esh-util
notifications dbus xml dash edmacro kmacro server paren delsel 
cus-start
cus-load use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight 
use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core 
finder-inf tex-site
info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse 
auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map 
url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip 
eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel 
term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode 
prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select 
scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame 
minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan 
thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak 
czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop 
case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded 
nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 
md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable 
backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty 
make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 667592 42193)
 (symbols 48 51699 1)
 (strings 32 212155 6674)
 (string-bytes 1 6356856)
 (vectors 16 84841)
 (vector-slots 8 1171666 58618)
 (floats 8 1100 424)
 (intervals 56 3076 1774)
 (buffers 1000 36))

-- 
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments