Subject: bug#4016: 23.1.50; docview: scrolling up breaks after setting a slice

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 21:10:58 +0200

Paer Kurlberg <[email-masked]> writes:

> View a dvi file (or pdf file for that matter) with DocView.
>
> Set a slice by typing "ss" (invoking doc-view-set-slice) with x and y
> coordinates zero, and maximum width and height, as suggested by the
> prompt.  (In fact, any slice settings seems to trigger the phenomena.)
>
> When hitting space (invoking doc-view-scroll-up-or-next-page), the
> document is not scrolled up, and the following error message appears:
>
> image-next-line: Invalid image specification

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I tried reproducing this in Emacs 28, but I got no errors when doing
this.  (The slice command is `c s' now(?), though.)

Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no