Subject: Re: bug#40144: --rounds has no effect when used in conjunction with --check

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 23:24:39 -0400

Hello Brice,

Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Since this bug is already known[0] this report is just to keep of it.
>
> guix --check --rounds=3 hello only build the package once instead of
> three time.
>
> [0]: http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2020-03-18.log#213921
>
> Brice.

Thanks for logging this as a bug, it's an annoying one that we should
fix.  In the logs posted above, Ludovic mentioned "this is happening in
the daemon, taken from Nix", when talking about the behavior of --rounds
not being honored when --check is given.

I'll try having a look,

Maxim