Subject: 26.3; dired-compress-files-alist

From: Lutz Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 19:13:44 +0100 (CET)

In a dired buffer pressing c to compress some files there is no option (so
far) to compress to pax files. This I did to change the relevant alist:

(setq dired-compress-files-alist
      (cons '("\\.pax\\'" . "pax -wf %o %i") dired-compress-files-alist))

This might be incorporated into Emacs.  Thank you. Lutz Weber

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd, GTK+ Version 3.24.12)
of 2019-10-12 built on amd64-2.ports.openbsd.org
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
Recent messages:
Note: file is write protected
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Undo!
Mark set
Undo! [3 times]
Redo! [2 times]
Undo! [2 times]
Redo!
Mark set
Quit
Configured using:
'configure --build=amd64-unknown-openbsd --without-sound
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc
--mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info --localstatedir=/var
--disable-silent-rules --disable-gtk-doc 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fno-pie'
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -nopie ''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
XDBE XIM THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m misearch multi-isearch dired-aux elec-pair newlisp-mode
ob-perl ob-shell shell org-element avl-tree generator org advice
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired dired-loaddefs ls-lisp
better-defaults saveplace ido comint ansi-color ring ert pp find-func
ewoc debug edmacro kmacro cl-extra help-mode parse-time cl battery time
paren finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 227738 18482)
(symbols 48 34212 2)
(miscs 40 176 359)
(strings 32 75799 1856)
(string-bytes 1 2337330)
(vectors 16 30918)
(vector-slots 8 675219 16148)
(floats 8 247 321)
(intervals 56 1112 1)
(buffers 992 15))