Subject: Re: bug#40126: Acknowledgement (28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] + Org 9.3.6 org-with-wide-buffer macro is wrongly treated as function)

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 18:35:11 +0800

> Okay so I guess you installed from their ELPA repo and then to compile
> you did a native-compile-async on the package folder correct?

To be precise, I did not compile the whole folder, but used (setq
comp-deferred-compilation t). Then, I noticed that org-agenda-next-line
throws an error complaining about org-with-wide-buffer macro. Similar
issue with org-refile. I had to M-x eval-buffer on org-agenda.el and
org-refile.el to eliminate the errors.

I also observed same problem with a macro call in pdf-cache.el from ELPA
(commit 0159cb1ab36f75879151e5ea24a6918ef58e50a3). The macro
pdf-view-current-page threw the same error. 

Best,
Ihor

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am using the latest version of org from ELPA installed using straight.el
>> The last commit is "ba685555c404a51d0ecdd9fa41a5753f9ff4b163 org-clock:
>> Mention semimonth step in manual and add test"   
>>
>> Best,
>> Ihor
>
> Okay so I guess you installed from their ELPA repo and then to compile
> you did a native-compile-async on the package folder correct?
>
> Thanks
>   Andrea
>
> -- 
> [email-masked]

-- 
Ihor Radchenko,
PhD,
Center for Advancing Materials Performance from the Nanoscale (CAMP-nano)
State Key Laboratory for Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, China
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]