Subject: bug#40123: glibc-locales: links missing in root user profile

From: Mikael Djurfeldt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 20:02:58 +0100

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 7:40 PM Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > To figure out where the package gets installed, try running this
> >> command:
> >>
> >> find /var/guix/profiles -name sv_SE.utf8 -type d
> >>
> >
> > It's obvious that that line will produce an empty result. That is because
> > the sv_SE.utf8 directory only exists in the store. But I don't see the
> > point of looking it up in the store. The problem is that the link into
> the
> > store from the root user profile is never created. (It *is* created in
> > other user profiles.)
>
> I suspected that Guix installed it to a different user profile somehow,
> since you did not get any errors apart from the missing directory (if I
> read the bug report correctly).
>
> Does 'guix install hello' work?
>

Same problem there.

But thank you for your hypothesis above! I tried a different line with ls
-lLR and grep and then discovered that the links *are* indeed installed in
a different profile.

This led me to find my problem: For some reason, my ~root/.guix-profile was
pointing to the current-guix profile rather than the guix-profile.

It could have been me who did that. :(

Anyway, problem solved! This was not a guix bug.

Best regards,
Mikael