Subject: bug#40121: 27.0.90; ERC incorrectly reuses single buffer for channels of same name on multiple networks

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 09:13:28 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen writes:

> "Mingde (Matthew) Zeng" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I submitted a patch that should fix this problem completely.
>
> Did you send it to [email-masked]?  It's nice to have the patches
> in the bug tracker.

He'd sent it to emacs-devel, after some bit of feedback me and others
had given him about his previous patches, also on emacs-devel.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-08/msg00084.html

I'll let the two of you coordinate with each other since you are both
working on the same issue.  For future cases, let us try to keep an eye
both on the tracker and on the emacs-devel list before sending a patch
or pushing a change, to help make sure we don't do duplicate work or
make simultaneous conflicting changes where one contributor tries to
chase a moving target. :-)

Thanks.