Subject: Re: bug#40099: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Different working dir of .eln files is not expected by pdf-tools

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 18:22:53 +0000

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

>> We could lie (set `load-file-name` to point to the source file, for
>> example) or introduce some function to go from the `load-file-name` to
>> the "intended" origin (something like the name of the source file) and
>> update all packages to use that function?
>
> Is it even possible for a package to get the source file location
> without relying on load-file-name pointing to the same folder with the
> source file? I mean using the currently available Emacs functionality.
>
> Best,
> Ihor

Hi Ihor,

Which is the "Emacs functionality to do that"?  Is there any other way
that is not using `load-file-name`?

Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]