Subject: Re: bug#40098: 26.3; Emacs on Windows freezes when connecting to freeBSD host with Plink

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:33:38 -0700

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Matthew Grice <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Good afternoon all,
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
>> When attempting to edit a file over ssh using Plink (Emacs is running
>> on Windows 10), the connecting spinner spins forever. To replicate:
>>
>> C-x C-f /plink:matt@myfreebsdhost:~/ <TAB to get list of files in dired>
>>
>> Emacs then starts to hog the CPU and has to be forced to close from
>> the Task Manager.
>>
>> I have no problems connecting to my Slackware production server using
>> this configuration.
>>
>> I appreciate that the Windows platform might be unsupported but I
>> thought I'd raise the bug anyway.
>
> This sounds like bug#39399 <https://debbugs.gnu.org/39399>. Could you,
> pls, install the recent Tramp 2.4.3.2 from GNU ELPA, and check whether
> it works for you? I see you have deleted Tramp 2.4.3.1. This didn't
> contain the relevant patch yet.

More information was requested, but none was given within 21 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas