Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: dune: Update to 2.4.0.

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 20:46:32 +0100

Thanks for the patch! I tried using it, but even though dune builds
fine, this new version removed support for jbuild, which creates build
errors when building e.g. ocaml4.07-sexplib0.

Note that according to "guix refresh -l dune" there are only 137
dependents, so this change could go to master. However, we need to find
a solution to the above issue. The guix refresh command should give you
the list of packages that depend on dune. Make sure that those who
build now still build after your patch, or fix them. We could also
duplicate the dune package and uses the older dune for our packages
that still use jbuild. Alternatively, as suggested by dune, maybe we
can try to run "dune upgrade" in these packages.

What do you think would work best?

Le Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:44:02 +0100,
Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> The added "release" make parameter, fixes the following bug:
> make: ./dune.exe: Command not found
> 
> Tested with ocaml-menhir package update
> (which will follow soon)
> 
> This may force a lot of other rebuildings, so
> may not be suitable for master
> 
> --
> Vincent Legoll