Subject: Re: bug#40088: 27.0.90;Symbol’s value as variable is void: debugger-outer-match-data

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 10:56:56 +0200

> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 04:37:49 -0400
> Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>,
>  Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> So here's the proper patch.  Eli, is it okay for emacs-27?  As I
> mentioned earlier, the underlying bug was present in Emacs 26 and
> earlier, but it's only surfaced in Emacs 27 because of debug.el
> enhancements.

I don't think I understand what problem are you trying to solve, let
alone why it's important to solve it in Emacs 27.  At least the
original issue doesn't sound important to me, but maybe I'm missing
something.

I also don't think I understand what is your analysis of the issue;
perhaps the commit log message could include more detailed
explanation.

Thanks.