Subject: Re: bug#4008: 23.1; missing menus in mac os x build when using synergy

From: Greg Smolyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:57:31 -0700

Synergy is a program that sends mouse/keyboard commands through TCP/IP  
from a "server" to a "client".  So, in fact, it's just my secondary  
desktop machine running GNU/Linux (ubuntu), that sends it's input to  
the synergy client running on my Mac, which inserts those into it's  
own input stream.

The fault could very possibly be with synergy, or how it's putting  
it's events into the Mac's queue, but in the 2 or 3 years I've been  
running synergy I have yet to see this behaviour.

-greg

On 3-Aug-09, at 9:17 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

>    My mac is a synergy client of a linux server
>
> Do you mean a server running GNU/Linux?  Please don't call it a "Linux
> server" -- that means giving the system's principal developer none of
> the credit.  (See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.)
>
> What is a "synergy client"?