Subject: bug#40074: trilinos-serial-xyce source disappeared

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 17:37:02 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 21:38, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 13:48, Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> First patch, replace ’url-fetch’ by ’git-fetch’ with creating a Git repo
> from the build farm tarball and falling back to SWH.  This does not
> change the integrity checksum.  And it avoids the “pressure“ on the
> build farm.
>
> Second patch, update the upstream source to the new good ’git-fetch’.
> And this change the integrity checksum.  Maybe upstream released a new
> version.

Commit b729be989f137749430779499b8c0dd1d54f2a18 did the replacement by
’git-fetch’ using the upstream repo.

It is hard to compare the both sources but it does not really matter
since the new one is the official upstream one.

Well, what remains is the guarantee that ’guix time-machine’ will still
work even if the Guix project looses the tarball.

This case should be covered by Disarchive and SWH.  Well, is it worth to
keep open this issue when the question about the time-machine coverage
is bigger than just this example.

Closing?

Cheers,
simon