Subject: Re: [bug#40042] [PATCH] gnu: ghc-extra: Update to 1.7.1.

From: Alexandru-Sergiu Marton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 21:11:28 +0200

On Fri, 2020-03-20 at 19:49 +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Note that we follow the Stackage LTS releases to ensure the various
> Haskell packages work nicely together. 

Oh. Sorry, didn't know that.

> So I wonder if we should downgrade this package to avoid
> compatibility
> problems.  Thoughts?

I upped it because ghcid 0.8.5 (latest) depends on extra >=1.6.20 and I
just thought to get the latest version available. Downgrading ghc-extra 
to 1.6.21 shouldn't break anything. If it's alright, I'll send in a
patch.

> By the way, if you use './pre-inst-env guix refresh -u PACKAGE-NAME'
> to
> update packages, it will choose the correct version for you.

Thanks for the tips!

-- 
Alexandru-Sergiu Marton <[email-masked]>
https://brown.121407.xyz
[8571 7664 DFDC 6B6A 3ED2 DA68 2348 7CC8 2397 2C1F]