Subject: [bug#40041] [PATCH] gnu: ghc-extra: Update to 1.7.1.

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 15:06:58 -0500

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 05:14:15PM +0200, Alexandru-Sergiu Marton wrote:
>>> * gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm (ghc-extra): Update to 1.7.1.
>>
>> Thanks! Pushed as b431f6c9ccfa104811dc0697d6fec84bf8b08035
>
> I know I’m a few months late, but I think the update may have been
> incorrect, as it is not aligned with the rest of our Haskell packages.
> We should aim to keep all Haskell packages at the same LTS release.  As
> you can see here, version 1.7.1 does not correspond to any LTS release:
>
>     https://www.stackage.org/package/extra/snapshots

Hi Ricardo, this was fixed with commit
0cec5c4eb1b4ac9a3fbe3f11cffff92e01ff4c58.

Best wishes, hope you are well!

Brett Gilio