Subject: bug#4004 closed by Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#4004: filename completion)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:40:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#4004: filename completion

It has been closed by Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
4004: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4004
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4004: filename completion
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Colin Williams <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:29:49 +0200

Colin Williams <[email-masked]> writes:

> So partial completion mode seems to fix the problem.  I thought
> graying out the irrelevant parts of the path was a handy feature, but
> I don't really mind doing without it.

I don't completely understand what you mean with your remark about
"graying out the irrelevant parts", but there was an error, indeed (it
didn't mark parts starting with tilde). I've committed a fix to the
trunk.

Besides this, I believe there is no problem anymore, so I have set this
bug to resolved.

> Cheers,
> Colin

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: filename completion
From: Colin Williams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:36:44 -0400

In 23.1.50.1, there's a bad interaction between tab completion and
tramp filenames.  If you try to do tab completion on
"/ssh:remote-host:~/~/te", where the file "test" exists on the remote
host but not locally, the completion says there's no match.

Colin