Subject: [bug#40035] Add widelands game

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 23:14:29 +0200

Nicolas,

Thanks, I got slaughtered by Barbarians on the bus >:-(

Nicolas Goaziou 写道：
> It is shipped in "debian/" subdir. I mentioned it in a comment.

I don't get it: there's a debian/ subdir in the tarball.  It does 
not contain this patch.  It's not here[0] either.  I'm not 
familiar enough with Widelands/Debian packaging to know where else 
to look.  It's not the end of the world though.  It'll be gone by 
the next build.

> Are you sure? For example, I see GPL2 for Culmus, but it doesn't 
> mention
> "only" anywhere.

From data/i18n/fonts/Culmus/TaameyFrankCLM-Bold.ttf (yes, I opened 
the TTF file in ‘less’, shoot me):

  Distributed under the terms of GNU General Public License
  version 2(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).

So GPL2-only.

> Also, Debian's copyright file considers it GPL2+.

Quite the opposite[1]:

  Files: data/i18n/fonts/Culmus/*
  Copyright: 2010 by Yoram Gnat ([email-masked]).
  License: GPL-2

I'm not lawyerly enough to know if the combined work can be 
distributed as GPL2+.  I don't see how.  I'd love to be proved 
wrong!

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/tree/master/debian
[1]: 
https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/w/widelands/widelands_20-2_copyright