Subject: Re: [bug#40035] Add widelands game

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:30:16 +0200

Alberto,

Alberto EFG 写道：
>  guix size - Around 1.4 gb. I am not sure what to do

You don't need to do anything.  Games like these are expected to 
be biggish, and people tend not to mind because, well, they're 
games.

95% of people (if not more) who play widelands already have almost 
all of its dependencies installed already, for their desktop. 
‘guix size’ is the absolute worst case.

There are some large dependencies that probably aren't used by the 
game itself:

  $ guix graph --path widelands ghostscript-with-cups
  # read each newline as ‘depends on’:
  widelands@build20
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]

but that's nothing you need to can fix in widelands itself.

>  guix refresh --list-dependent - Nothing is dependent

This command lists the number of other packages that depend on 
your package.  It's useful mainly for updates.

For a new package the number will always be 0 — unless you created 
a dependency yourself.  That would require modifying an existing 
package which you didn't do.

Kind regards,

T G-R