Subject: Re: [bug#40035] Add widelands game

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:09:42 +0200

Alberto, Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou 写道：
> I integrated the previous suggestions. I am not sure about the 
> version
> string. Upstream seems to use "build-20", and most distributions 
> use
> "20", some use "build20" or "b20". I used "build20" because it 
> makes it
> easier to build the download URL.

Does ‘build’ mean beta or (stable) preview here?  Then we should 
append ‘0.0.0-’ or similar, like we do for git snapshots, to the 
front in case upstream releases a 1.x at some point.

Otherwise, ‘20’'s fine, really.

> I'm sending the updated patch for review.

Thank you both!  I'm building it now.

> +       (patches
> +        ;; Use system Minizip.  This is discussed updstream at
> +        ;; <https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/399>.
> +        (search-patches 
> "widelands-system-wide_minizip.patch"))))

Minor typo (‘embeeded’).  Are you the ‘I’ in the patch?  Is it 
pending upstream application?  If so, a link to the upstream bug 
report/commit would be nice.

> +         (list "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release"

Why not the default RelWithDebInfo?  Please note in a comment.

> +       ("DejaVu" ,font-dejavu)          ;case matters in name
[…]
> +       ("MicroHei" ,font-wqy-microhei)  ;case matters in name

Mkay I guess.  No point in a codebase chock-full of repetitive 
alists if we're not going to take advantage of it once in a while 
:-)

I'd put both at the end with a single

  ;; Fonts for the ‘unbundle-fonts’ phase.  Case matters in name!

comment.

> +       ("minizip" ,minizip)
> +       ("sdl" ,(sdl-union (list sdl2 sdl2-image sdl2-mixer 
> sdl2-ttf)))
> +       ("zlib" ,zlib)))
> +    (home-page "https://www.widelands.org/")
> +    (synopsis "Fantasy real-time strategy game")
> +    (description
> +     "Widelands is a real-time strategy game with singleplayer 
> campaigns and
> +multiplayer mode, aiming for gameplay similar to Settlers II by 
> BlueByte.
> +
> +In this game, you start out on a small piece of land with 
> nothing more than
> +a few of useful resources.  Using those, you can build yourself 
> an empire with
> +many thousands of inhabitants.  On your way towards this goal, 
> you will have
> +to build up an economic infrastructure, explore the lands 
> around you and face
> +enemies who are trying to rule the world just like you do.")

I think Debian(-derived) descriptions are OK but I prefer 
yours/upstream's anyway.

> +    ;; Game is released as GPL2+.  Some parts, e.g., art, are 
> released under
> +    ;; different licenses.

At least Culmus and Sinhala are GPL2-only.  The title screen also 
says ‘GNU General Public License V2.0’.

> +    (license (list license:gpl2+
> +                   license:gpl3+

Which parts are gpl3+?  That sounds problematic.

> +                   license:expat
> +                   license:zlib
> +                   license:silofl1.1
> +                   license:asl2.0
> +                   license:cc-by-sa3.0))))

It's built now, I will test it extensively on the bus…

Thanks!

T G-R