Subject: [bug#40033] Add "Vice" commodore emulator

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 22:55:41 +0100

Hi Chris!

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here's a patch to add the "vice" commodore emulator.  It builds and
> works, but has some vices of its own (har har).
>
>  - It ships with the original Kernal/Basic from the c64 (and other
>    systems), including the payload for the original Microsoft Basic.
>    That's... probably not ok for Guix.

You mean it ships the ROM as a pre-built proprietary binary?
That wouldn’t be OK.  :-/

>  - One solution is coming out of the Mega65 project (a damn cool project
>    in general):
>      https://github.com/MEGA65/open-roms

Do you know if that could actually work?  That would be perfect.

>    (Just look how cool the Mega65 hardware is, btw!)
>      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhZfkQ3bAk

Woow, fun!  :-)

Thanks!
Ludo’.